Friday 16 August 2013

Oma Rapeti Starring Room 6

Check out our assembly item - Oma Rapeti! Mrs Ramsay was so proud of all the children for their perseverance and determination to perform our assembly item. Tino pai a tamariki!

Watch the video and then read some of the fabulous stories from Room 6 tamariki.



My Project 2 from kathy ramsay on Vimeo.

Author Sienna wrote:

Last Friday the whole of Room 6 did an assembly item called Oma Rapeti. We made bunny ears and bunny tails. First we put on our bunny ears. Then Mrs Ramsay stapled our bunny tails on. When we had our tails on we had to lift our tails before we sat down. Then we went to the hall before anyone else and hopped on stage and waited until everyone was ready. We did our little play and sung our song called Oma Rapeti.


Author Balin wrote:


When I went to our assembly item I was excited to do the play. To make our bunny tails we used white pom poms and spread them out. We did it in the hall at the end we shook our bunny tails at the audience. At the end we had a chat with Mrs Ramsay then we turned around and shook our bunny tails again. Then we went back to room 6. We got a photo.


Author Summer wrote:


Last Friday all of Room 6 went to the hall to sing Oma Rapeti on the stage. We had to wait for all the school. We did a play. First we ate grass 3 times and we had to pretend farmers were there. They said, "Look at those annoying bunnies eating all our carrots." Some people's parents came to watch their children singing Oma Rapeti.  I was excited all that week until Friday. My mum and nanny and my little cousin came to watch. My bunny ears almost came off on the stage. 


Author Cloe wrote:


I made a bunny tail because we did an assembly item. I felt scared because the stage was high. In front of us there were kids and teachers and mums and dads! I was a rabbit and the farmers said, "Look at those annoying rabbits eating all our carrots," and Kasiayah said, "Hide rabbits, hide!"


Author Max wrote:


Last week Room 6 did an assembly item. First Room 6 practiced and practiced. Next Room 6 did a skit. I was the leader of the farmers. I did the talking into the microphone saying, "Look at those annoying rabbits eating all of our carrots." Then the rabbits heard me and hid in the burrows. Ella N said, "Up!" and the bunnies started eating again.


Author Ciara wrote:


On Friday we had an assembly item. I was a farmer. We had to hold guns but not real guns. We made the guns. I was really excited. We had to say, "Look at all those annoying rabbits eating all our carrots." Then the rabbits hid and we said it again and then the rabbits ran. We went to Room 10 to make our bunny ears and my partner was Jack and Jack helped make my rabbit ears. We sung the song to Room 6. 

2 comments:

  1. Well done Room 6 - you are all amazing! I especially loved your beautiful singing voices -you sung oma rapeti so clearly and with great volume!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific performance Room 6! A class of stars :)

    ReplyDelete