Thursday 28 March 2013

Science experiment

This week we got together with Room 5 and did a science experiment outside. Mrs Ramsay put some mentos into a bottle of diet coke and then an eruption happened.....


Author Jack wrote: 

I went out to see the coke on the field. Mrs Ramsay put mints into the coke. It was exciting. I thought I would get burnt. 

The coke came out like a volcano. Mrs Ramsay was a super scaredy cat. It came out like a brown rainbow.

Author Georgia wrote:

Today we went outside to watch Mrs Ramsay do an experiment with diet coke and mints. When Mrs Ramsay put the mints into the bottle she ran backwards because she was frightened of the coke sploshing in her face. I thought it was funny when Mrs Ramsay ran backwards. It looked like Mrs Ramsay had a sword and was fighting a bear. Suddenly, the coke warmed up and popped up and went flying up high in the sky like a hot air balloon. Then the coke splashed down on the ground.

2 comments:

  1. From your writing it sounds like it made quite an eruption. I love some of the "WOW" words you used in your writing. I wish I had been there to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what great descriptions! Jack I love the part when you say "It came out like a brown rainbow." Georgia I really like the part that says, "It looked like Mrs Ramsay had a sword and was fighting a bear." Thank you - I enjoyed reading your stories!

    ReplyDelete